Already the end of the first quarter of 2016! Can you believe it? Times flies…but now the question is: are you on track to reaching your goals?
I’m a strong (perhaps I should say very strong!) believer in measuring progress. I continually repeat Tom Peter’s motto: What gets measured, gets done. Without being obsessive about it, measuring allows you to step back, refocus and adjust. It is much easier to adjust your course of action after a month or a quarter, then it will ever be at the end of 12 months.
So, are you on track to reaching your goals?
If your answer is ‘Yes’, great! Continue with your momentum, and perhaps ask yourself, ‘Are my goals too low? Are they keeping me within my comfort zone?’. If your goals don’t scare you a little, they might be too conservative. If you want to grow as an entrepreneur, you need to have ambitious goals – you know the ones that bring butterflies in your stomach.
If your answer is ‘No’, here’s the good news: you can take complete and immediate control of them right now. The first and most important step is to start measuring your results often; the more you measure your progress, the more accountable you are for your actions.
Simply readjust your actions by asking yourself these questions;
- What needs to happen to reach my 2016 goals?
- Am I doing everything I’m supposed to do? Am I efficient and productive with my time?
- Who could I ask for help? What kind of help could I ask for?
- Who could be my accountability partner and help me keep my commitment?
- Am I saying ‘no’ to ideas that do not bring me towards my goals? Understanding that, the more you say ‘no’ to things and ideas that come up, the more room you create for bigger and better things to happen.
[tweetthis]Saying ‘no’ to things & ideas, means saying ‘yes’ to bigger & better things to occur – Sara Gilbert[/tweetthis]
Building a business requires a steady stream of energy, attention and actions. You get out, what you put in…but you know that already!
So if you need to step back, refocus and adjust your actions, start listing what actions need to happen and commit to them. Now it’s time to go out there and make things happen!
If you are looking for support and coaching to make sure you reach your goals, contact me to schedule an appointment, you can either reply to this email or call me at 514-898-1505.
We’re here to help!